- “Lawyers, guns and money”: Stories that mattered to North Carolina schools in 2018
- The war on the environment in 2018: Five stories that mattered
- Through the looking glass: 2018 courts news sets NC up for what to watch in 2019
- Five of the top PW Investigates stories of 2018
And here were some of our top radio interviews of 2018:
- Year in review part 1 – From Hurricane Florence’s fury to NC’s recovery to dire new warnings of climate change
- Year in review part 2 – Major changes in North Carolina’s education leadership
- Year in review part 3 – From the massive teachers march, to the fight curb gun violence to the future of Medicaid expansion and reform
And, of course, no year-end review would be complete without highlighting some of the best editorial cartoons from the incomparable John Cole:
Happy New Year, y’all!
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.