Tomorrow, Senator Kay Hagan will appear with some corporate titans to explain her destructive plan to give giant multi-national corporations yet another tax cut. Wish she were holding it somewhere in which she’d have to look at and speak to the 99%.
This from the Senator’s office:
“October 6, 2011
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Kay R. Hagan (NC) will hold a press conference with North Carolina business leaders TOMORROW at 9:30 a.m. at Quintiles to discuss the Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act,
which Hagan introduced today with Sen. John McCain. The bipartisan bill creates a temporary reduction in the 35 percent corporate tax rate to incentivize repatriation of up to $1.4 trillion in foreign earnings back to the United States to boost the economy and drive investment here at home. For more information on the Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act, click here<http://hagan.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1465>.Business leaders participating in the event include:
· Dennis Gillings, Founder & CEO, Quintiles
· Brooks Raiford, President & CEO, North Carolina Technology Association
· Gary Salamido, Vice President, Government Affairs, North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
· Maceo Sloan, Chairman & CEO, NCM Capital
· Steve Winterbottom, Vice President of North Carolina Operations, Cisco
· Bob Hawkins, Vice President of North Carolina Operations, EMC Corp.
· Jim Whitehurst, President & CEO, Red Hat
TOMORROW: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2011
WHAT: Hagan, NC business leaders to hold press conference on Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act
WHEN: 9:30 a.m., Friday, October 7
WHERE: Quintiles, 4820 Emperor Blvd., Durham
For more information, contact [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.