Highlights and Lowlights of April 2012
With May settling in, we take a look back at a few moments in the past month of politics and policy issues that really affected North Carolinians: From budget cuts that leave schools with fewer resources to President Obama visiting UNC, to the distracting “culture war” that the General Assembly has thrown at North Carolinians. We’ve compiled these and other moments in the brief video below:
What are some progressive policy issues you can think of from the past month relating to the state of things in North Carolina? Share with us in the comments.
For the full-length videos of the clips featured in this compilation, check out these links:
- New Hanover Commissioners admonished for rejecting grant
- EDF’s Jane Preyer on fracking in NC
- Superintendents detail damage caused by NC budget cuts
- NCSU Chancellor Randy Woodson on the impact of budget cuts
- President Obama on Stafford loans, Rep. Foxx’s remarks
- Tax Inequality protest – Raleigh, NC
- Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx on Amendment One.
Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. Please see our republishing guidelines for use of photos and graphics.